In the Margins: Translation and Diversity in Publishing
The MA Publishing students at London College of Communication present this annual conference about the present and emerging issues of the publishing, bringing voices of the industry together.
Our class prides itself in having students from all over the world with different backgrounds and expertise, and we take advantage of this versatility in organising this conference. We have multiple teams coming together to curate and deliver the event through the processes of pitching, editing, designing, marketing and managing the experience.
We hope to offer and exchange insights on the theme of diversity in publishing and to establish new standards for representation.
- Is the Publishing Innovation event still taking place?
- The event will continue as a showcase of publishing innovation unless the government bans gatherings of this size. In the event of a cancellation, we will contact all attendees as soon as possible.
- Has the format of the event changed due to Covid-19?
- We have amended the format of the event from a public conference to a showcase of innovation in publishing to accommodate the availability of external speakers and guests.
- What are the precautions for Covid-19?
- We are following all advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), the NHS and Public Health England to ensure the event is safe. If you are concerned about your own health, please follow the advice from the NHS: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/